Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happiness

Last night and today were especially important to me. Several events took place which made me realize just how blessed I am to have my sweet Sam. I have come to believe, with great care and undoubtable evidence that he loves me. He truly, truly loves me... for me. He takes me as I am and judges me not. He motivates me to work harder, listens to me complain, holds my hand, soothes me when I feel sick. He sends me sweet text messages just because, gives me flowers, stares into my eyes until we're interupted and longer, holds me so safe in his arms. He assures me that no matter what happens in life with school, family, work, money, stress... he will be here for me, as I will for him, that there's little in this world he wouldn't do for me. He is honest with me no matter what the circumstance and makes it easy to talk to him about anything and everything- and we do. He lets me know each and every second that we are together or on the phone that he loves me unconditionally- in the touch of his hand on mine, in the intensity of his eyes when they meet mine, in the sweet and caring sound of his voice.

He is my Sam, and I love him. I love him for having been my best friend for four years now, for having always been by my side, for having forgiven me for wrongdoings, for understanding me when it feels like almost no one else does. I love him for having listened to me cry through all of the roughest parts of my life, when I felt like my heart was broken and I could never love anyone ever again, when I hurt others and felt like the worst person on earth. I love him for loving me enough to give me time and space when I needed it, for standing on the sidelines and being the best friend I needed. I love him because he loves my family, because he is so willing to learn about what and why I believe what I believe, because he tries...

I love him because his happiness is my happiness and my happiness is his.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Kris said...

i am really happy for you, mir. i know we aren't what we used to be, but i still care for you, and sammy, and i always will. the fact that you guys have become so close and happy is so awesome. i miss you both.