Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Solstice in secrets

I believe there are aspects of every person that are kept private. You
may know someone better than any other person on earth knows him or
here, but you will never know everything. Obviously, there may be
questions never asked or topics never talked about. But what about
those issues that are discussed or those areas he or she purposefully
never brings up? A person may, and most likely will, manipulate the
words he or she chooses to use so as to influence the way you think
about him or her.

I am guilty of asking, "What are you
thinking?". In fact, I believe that may be my favorite question. But
what if a person doesn't want to tell me what he or she is thinking and
just doesn't feel comfortable saying "I don't really care to tell you
my private thoughts." ?Hmmmn.

What brought this thought to me
was a dream I had last night. It was surreal but so real at the same
time. It was random and didn't make much sense to me. While I seriously
doubt, like most of my dreams, that it has any implications to the real world or says anything about
my subconscious, I don't really care to tell anyone about it. A peculiar attitude to have, I know, but really, I don't care. When I mentioned earlier that there are some things that people, no matter how close, will never know about you, I failed to mention that I think this is perfectly okay.

It is okay to keep some things to yourself. It is okay to not share EVERY aspect of your being. However, it is also okay to do the opposite and let that special person know whatever he or she wants to know. I guess its just a personal preference thing.

No comments: