Thursday, October 28, 2010

Plans for the day

I don't believe Ella baby has slept with either me or Sam since she was a few weeks old. She is almost seven months now; its unbelievable! Well, last night when Samy left for work, I did my usual and checked on Ella before heading to bed. I always make sure she's covered because she usually rolls around a bit after we put her to bed. I'm usually pretty sneaky. Haha, you'd laugh if you could see me crawling around her crib at night to make sure she doesn't see me should she hear the floorboards squeak. Last night, though, she heard me and popped her little head up faster than I thought possible!

She didn't cry or anything, but just looked right at me with those beautiful brown eyes and I just couldn't resist. She slept with me last night :) I think every now and again it'll be ok to do that. But from the beginning Sam and I agreed that Ella and God-willing our future children should not form the habit of sleeping with us all the time. We know several people who have done that, and I think that that's not the ideal situation we want. The people we know who have done that have had a hard time putting the children in their own beds when they get a little older. I know couple who has a little girl that's about 2, and she will NOT go to sleep without her mom laying next to her for an hour or so whil she pretends to sleep. Another close friend of mine stopped sleeping in the same bed as her husband because she'd sleep with her kids in their bed (until they were about 10!! I'm being very serious!)

Anyway, those are extremes. I just don't want to get there. One night every so often will be just fine :)

As for today, I think Ella and I will go visit Sam's mom and granny. His granny is visiting for a little while, and she doesn't get to see Ella much. Yes, I think we'll do that while Sam sleeps.

Right now I'm laying on the floor of Ella's nursery as she plays on her playmat with random toys. She's started doing this thing where as she lays on her tummy and pushes her chest off the ground, she turns in a counter clockwise motion. Its funny because she has begun to crawl yet, but she pivots in cirlces from her hips. Its the cutest thing! And she is definitely not staying put anymore! She wants to see and get into everything. Oh my! I'm going to have such a rambunctious child!

By the way, I found an even better Rover!!! Sam and I are waiting to hear back from the dealership about some specifics, but maybe just maybe! If everything comes sounding good, Sam and I are planning to fly to Fort Worth to test drive and buy it if we like it. Yayy! But I don't want to get to excited in case it falls through. I just hope hope hope!

Better get ready for the day :)

No comments: