Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another Mother's Wisdom

I thoroughly enjoyed this post over at Mama's Little Ditty about homeschooling. It's practicality is not limited to homeschool only, because it spoke volumes to me about everyday life of motherhood.

The article makes me nervous about our homeschooling future, but at the same time, it makes me excited to know that it is manageable and what Sam and I feel is best for our family. I'm can sometimes be the A Type personality, so having to realize that I will not always have it under control is something that I have to come to terms with.

Sam can tell you that I like to always have a plan. I'm the kind of person that likes to be time efficient; I owe this to my double dose of being both a mom and nurse. I like to have goals. Just today, I made a chore chart taken from here, just to post it to my fridge to see what I have to do and when. The sight of clutter can often bring about the feeling of distress. I like to have an end in sight when starting a project. I am super organized.

:sigh: While all this is fine and dandy, and this on-top-of-things part of me has been most useful and even, at times, saved the day, I must be okay with not having everything just right all the time.

I just have to realize that it's all going to be just fine, whether there are a few dishes in the sink or the floor is a little overdue for a good mopping. God loves my family and me just the same.

1 comment:

alex said...

Clutter stresses me out. I am just so tired when I come home from work that I just can't keep the house clean 24/7...maybe i should not sit down when I get home from work...that never helps ;)