Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A little sad, a little glad

So I guess I'm a little disappointed. The Bible study turned out great except for the low attendance. I don't so much care about even that, except that there was one person in particular that I was really hoping would come. I think she really needs a group of Christian women to hang out with and be a good influence. But I guess there's not really anything I can do but invite and remind. I had three girls show up, although even that didn't go according to plan. We ended up discussing the power of prayer with three of us... a rather small Bible study group. But it was a great one. I learned a lot and I think the other two girls did too. We talked about Scripture and I read a little from the book "No Greater Love" by Mother Theresa related to prayer. It was really nice. Perhaps more people will show up next time. I will just keep praying that God bring the women there who He wants to be there.

Besides that, Sam and I have started this new budget I found online. It's amazing! It's pretty neat because it has everything in it we were looking for: an income spreadsheet, categories for all our bills, a section on "allowance" money (similar to the Dave Ramsey-style cash envelopes), and a snowball debt reducer. I super duper like it. Here's the link to the website I found it on.
(for some reason, it won't let me hyperlink it) just copy and paste.
http://beyondmom.com/2008/09/free-basic-budget-spreadsheet-template/
Click on Budget Template Spreadsheet. It's definitely worth checking out. I checked I don't know how many sites and budget templates before I found this one.

So, sorry for the short post, but Ella's getting hungry!

1 comment:

SaMir said...

My Love, I am so very proud of what you are doing. I will continue to support and help you M
in this endeavor so that you may surround yourself with women of Christ. I am so blessed to be you Husband, and I thank you for all that you do for me and Ella... You Amaze me each and every day. I Love you... I Love you Love you... Truly, Madly, and Deeply...