Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gotta get ready

I was taking a moment to think about some things that are coming up. I'll be busy for a little while :) I like the feeling of busy-ness. Well, sometimes. But for the most part it makes me feel accomplished and productive to know that things have gotten done.
Today, I slept in a bit, put up the laundry, did the dishes, bathed and played with Ella, paid a few bills, and here I sit taking a break.

Saturday will be a busy day too! Ella gets baptized at 10am. I'm having lunch with a couple of friends. Then I host the Ladies for Christ Bible study from 2-4pm. After that I have just enough time before Sam and I go to a friend's weeding at 6. Whew! So excited. I need to go get Ella's white dress and candle. I'll do that today while I have time.

I miss Sam. He's on days for several weeks while he trains for his promotion position. Praise God. Annnnd... We started P90X yesterday! I'm so excited, but also pretty sore. Not the can't move because it hurts so bad sore, but a good sore. Like a nice reminder that I worked out :) Anyway, I'll keep posting about our progress. I'm really happy that we decided to get the program.

I'm so in love with my husband. I'm happy that we made the commitment to each other a long time ago that we always want to try for each other. Trying in the all inclusive sense... meaning I'll always try to be a great wife to him and take care of our home and children, and he'll try to help with chores and disciplining our kids. He'll always try to be the provider and leader of our home, while I try to work a couple of days a week. We have our "main" roles in our family and in our home, but we also make an effort to help the other in their role. It works well for us. But back to working out... part of the trying promise, we also want to strive to be our best selves for the other person, including keeping up with our physical appearances. I want to get really in shape for him, and he wants to be really in shape for me.

More on the topic, Sam kind of mentioned me being his girlfriend the other day. I laughed a little bit, because it just sounded funny to my ears after being married for over a year. After he said that, I said, "I'm not your girlfriend! I'm your wife." Then he explained to me what he meant: "You're my wife and my girlfriend. My wife because you are my everything, my best friend, and the mother of our child. My girlfriend because I still want to date you. To some people, when you get married you stop dating the other person. And when I say dating, I mean trying. You stop trying to learn about the other person, stop trying to spend quality time with her, you stop caring about how you look. Well, to me, you're still my girlfriend." :) That was what he said pretty much. Just paraphrased a little.

Anyway, I love being married to him. He's the best. And my boyfriend too ;)

No comments: