Sunday, February 10, 2008

Memories

I think about days past, times missed.

I remember high school... how we'd leave bio and hang out before leaving, all the while, asking "What if..." questions. I miss being so dedicated to school that we'd get there before daylight almost every day. I miss softball practice, running around the bases, playing catch every day, fielding, Coach Patty and Coach James, the bus rides home from games.

I miss being at home and waking up to the smell of my momma's cooking. I miss hearing my dad sing while he dusts the dining room table. I miss Andi and her room that reminds me so much of my grandma. I miss India and Willie and Nelson, my gorgeous dogs.

I miss not worrying about bills or work or clinical. Or tuition. I miss the earnestness with which I believed that friends would always be friends, especially after dating. I miss my super great GPA that reflected how hard I work. I miss the familiarity of faces.

I miss the excitement of not knowing what I was gonna do with my life.

I miss waiting in the drive through at Jumburrito for the restaurant to open.

Sometimes I just miss days that I've lost and times I will never see again.

No comments: