Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Peace of Mind

So, not that I'm counting down or anything, but I have twenty weeks from tomorrow to the day I graduate! I am terribly excited :-D

Sam and I have been discussing job opportunities and such... trying to figure out which hospital will be the best for me to work at without contract constraints. Oh the joy! I even catch myself in class figuring how many hours a week I'll work and what days I'll be able to have lunch with my parents. The only sad part about that is that as a new grad, I'll most likely get stuck on night rotation for a good year or so :( But I guess most traumas happen then, and it'll be good for me to experience day and night shifts.

This semester I'm taking an ER elective that actually doubles my clinical time... yea, tell me about it! I'll have 95 hours of clinical for Med-Surg III, 95 for ER, and about 24 hours for random other classes. Looks like I'll be very busy! Still, it will be a wonderful opportunity for me. I'm so excited.

And Sam... well, he's going to have his own business (and by that, I mean busy-ness)! He'll be working, going to class, shadowing doctors, studying for MCAT...

We're one happenin' couple! Haha, I'm a dork, I know.

I suppose I should be on my way, however. My planner is only half in order and my sister and I will be leaving to do a bit of shopping here in a minute or two... new running shoes!!!!

1 comment:

SaMir said...

I can't wait my Love...

A list of a few of the things that I am looking forward to...

Cooking with you...

Experimenting in the kitchen...

Burning first time recipes in the oven and laughing together until we cry...

Watching movies with you when we get off of work...

Only having to drive 20-30 minutes to see you

Holding you until you fall asleep...

Reading with you in all of our favorite places...

Spending hours in Hastings, finding new books to read, new things to learn, and different places to see...

Helping you pick out furniture from thrift stores, and possibly making some for you...

Having lunch with you (even if at 3am)...

Growing closer to you...

Going to church with you every Sunday...

And one of my all-time favorites...

Being yours... Forever...

I Love you, my Beautiful Angel...

SamyB