Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Getting things done

Started reading a new book last night. It's the most challenging book I've read in quite a long time. It's scripturally and historically based and hurts my brain. But- it is very very interesting and I want to learn more! I'm going to take notes, and even went to Office Depot today to buy new highlighters and post-its :)

This morning Sam and I went and got Ella's pics taken. FINALLY! Ahh, can't believe it took me 4 1/2 months to do it. I've thought about it almost everyday and kept procrastinating.

I'm really excited. The budget Sam and I started last month allowed us to increase our savings quite substantially. And, honestly, we only stuck with it hardcore for the first half of the month. It kinda went out the window after that. We used to eat out all the time and when we started the budget to the middle of the month, we ate out just once or twice. For us that is AWESOME! I'm just proud that we showed ourselves we can do it. But we've recommitted to start again at the beginning of September. It's nice to see our savings grow with diligence :)
I think I'm going to help my little sis develop a budget for when she goes back to college. I'm really pretty good when it comes to saving and budgeting :)

Random note to self: I don't want to introduce the following foods to Ella or the rest of our future kids (God willing) for a loooooong time
1) corndogs
2) chicken nuggets
3) hot dogs
I know too many little kids that want only those things and are waaay too picky.

I'm off to budget for Andi!

3 comments:

Andrea Garcia said...

I agree about the whole american food things for the kiddos. They'll be hooked! Thank you so much for helping me with my budget. You are the perfect person for that haha. I love you!

alex said...

not even turkey dogs!? Those are amazing :)

SaMir said...

My Love... I hope that this message finds you in good spirits, for it is with a hopeful heart that I write this message to you. It is 30 'till the hour and I cannot wait to come home to you... I have been pacing the halls of my mind, waiting to burst from this place like a raging animal escaped from his confines... When I do, my sweet Love, I will be coming straight home to you...

I Love you with a Love that is much more than Love, for love is not Love which alters when it alteration finds. I miss you...

Your Samy