Tuesday, June 17, 2008

:-b

sometimes i like to think about new things.

i want a good book to read to keep me from watching tv. i didn't have a tv at all this past school year and did just fine without it. now however, my sis, sam and i have gotten sucked into the "lost" series. none of us had watched any of the shows when they first came out, so we stated with season 1.
now, i fear, it has become addicting. its kinda what we do. i want to watch the box less and read more. any suggestions anyone?

work has been really great. i love the unit i'm on and all the people too. everyone's very nice and good about teaching new nurses. there are a group of nurses that i especially admire- they really really really know their stuff. i think i'd trust my lives to them if i ever needed hospital care. i want to be like them someday... be very confident in my knowledge yet willing to to admit when i don't know something and find an answer.

my director is pretty cool too. she is very up-to-date on new nursing practice and is a good bedside nurse when she's not in her white coat. the thing that i like most about her is her readiness to teach. she has never made me feel dumb for asking a question, and her advocacy for education inspires me to take hold of every learning opportunity i am presented with. i really think i'll love it here.

i take nclex tomorrow! <:-o !! i think i'm ready, though have not studied much. it makes me nervous to think that there's a lot more i could have done to prepare, but those that have taken it before me have said that i'll do fine. should i trust people so readily?

i'm starting to feel like a grown-up :-b

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should read "The Lovely Bones" :)

Anonymous said...

oh and "Goat" if you haven't... it is interesting... Let me know if you want more suggestions, I hope all is well Miranda :)

SaMir said...

You will get where you want to be much faster than you think. While that sounds like something from a fortune cookie, it doesn't affect the truth of the statement. You are so bright, Miranda. You are one in a million. I mean, the way you feel, your level of devotion, complete compassion... You have such a Beautiful Heart, Baby... Such a Beautiful Heart... And I will do anything and Everything that I can to get you where you want to be.

I Love you...

Your Samy